Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Renovating a Bathroom, Easy as 1,2,3...

Prime...

Bullnose...

Shower wall...Use lots of force to set the tile...
(and release some frustration)



But remember, always measure accurately...




More Baby Pics!
This image reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock! (It's a profile shot of the head and bust)



Last Monday, I had a sonogram scheduled to check the placenta. At the beginning of the pregnancy it was placed low, covering the exit door. Fortunately, as my uterus grew, the placenta traveled north, and now all things are a go for a vaginal delivery. Ryan could not make the appointment, so Grandma Lola came along. Baby is head down and feet up, ready for the big day.

Lately Baby is using my bottom ribs as a foot rest, and my bladder as a pillow. He doesn't kick my ribs, just sets his feet there with some pressure. When I sit my ribs ache. So I push in under my ribs, grab the foot and push it off. It's funny, but the baby will get kinda agitated and reposition himself as if to say "excuse me, I'm resting in here and you are disturbing me". The bladder thing is very typical, I run to the bathroom hourly but there isn't much in the bladder. Since our only functional bathroom is downstairs, this means lots of exercise for me.


I am officially off of work. Before anyone thinks "why is she taking so much time off?" I can explain. The float pool hours at work were scant this month, so my original intention of working till the end of the year is not happening. It is a good thing though, as my back and sciatic nerves are giving me a hard time, and lots of standing and activity worsen the pain. And there's lots of standing, walking and bending in nursing. So now my new title is "Domestic Engineer". I am spending this time giving the house a "deep cleansing". Cleaning cupboards, ceiling fans, under furniture, etc. And of course, there is always sorting and organizing.


January is nursery month! Ryan and I finally registered at Baby's R Us. Once the waterbed is out, I'll have the room ship-shape in no time.


Ryan has been hard at work on the bathroom, and the tile is looking great! As luck would have it, our special order items are in (vanity, medicine cabinet, over the toilet cabinet and shower head.) Everything is falling in line. We should be finished by New Years, our fastest project ever.


Say a prayer for Kristi, she has a big interview tomorrow and we really hope she gets the job!


Till next time...

No comments: