Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Enjoying a cool spring day on a blanket in the back yard.

" Wuz up?"


Flowers from Christopher's baptism.


Ryan soothing Christopher before bedtime.

Spring has sprung! We have been taking advantage of the warm weather this past week. Ryan washed and waxed his boat and readied it for the upcoming fishing season. Saturday he had his first tournament and placed fourth, not bad. Christopher and I spend as much time outside as we can. We stroll around the yard, and I point out flowers, squirrels and birds. Sometimes we just lay on a blanket under the big blue sky. Christopher stares skyward, fascinated. I can't help but think how small he is, and how the sky exaggerates his smallness. This past week, he has been such a delight. Showing off his social skills, he coos, shrieks, smiles and babbles. Even when he is alone in his room, I can hear a one-sided conversation between him and his toys. He has now learned to kick the arches on his playmat, making his dangling toys overhead sway. I think he realizes the cause and effect going on. His crabbiness lessens everyday. I still blame most of it on over tiredness. We have really been struggling getting him to nap. But today, I am seeing some improvement. My secret weapon: the swaddle. I guess since he is wrapped all night, he expects it during the day as well. This week I am trying hard to stay home to establish better naps.
This past Sunday we attended Tyler's Baptism. It was so nice to see the Schmale family, and to introduce Christopher. Tyler is a cutie, I can't believe how big he is! I wished Mark and Elme lived closer so the boys could grow-up together. The visit was short but nice.

No comments: