Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I get by with a little help from my husband..."

I came around the corner into Christopher's room and found him like this. He then immediately turned around to grab his lambs. Ryan and I joke that he has been "eyeing them up" for the past seven months, plotting and scheming how he will get his lambs. So now the moment has come he has succeeded, alas we will lower his crib tonight. Christopher will have to come up with a new plan to get his little lambs.

His first finger food: mango. He loves feeding himself.

Lately I have been feeling the effects of sleep deprivation. Instead of waking less during the night, it seems Christopher has regressed and wakes more often. Two nights ago after midnight CRW awoke for the third time since his 8pm bedtime. (We recently moved his bedtime back). So I asked Ryan, please could he get up and give him a bottle. This worked out well for a few reasons. One, Ryan hadn't seen him all weekend since he went on a fishing trip. This way he got to spend a little quality time with his son. Two, I don't think I have a lot of milk in the evening/night and maybe this is why CRW wakes freqently; he isn't getting full. And finally three, I get a more solid stretch of sleep and feel better the next day only waking once. Since it is the beginning of the night Ryan is helping with, he still gets a good stretch of sleep himself before waking for work. I feel a little guilty asking for this help, after all this is my full time job. Also I do worry about missing a feeding and how this will impact my milk supply. But we have done this for two nights now and I feel more rested. We will take it day by day and see how things go.

This weekend Christopher and I went to my parents house in Delaware. ("How about being wisked away to Delaware? Hi I'm in Delaware.") -->name that movie. It was a great time, with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Kevin, Baby McClain, Aunt Laura, Uncle Jason, cousin Leif and Grandmom and Granddad, oh and Grandma Millie too. And Sam the dog. Needless to say it was a full house. We relaxed, napped, played games and played with the kiddies. Christopher could not take his eyes off of Leif. And his skills flourished with all the observing going on. He is crawling all over the place. His vocalizations are changing (we heard "Dada" a couple of times.) I love watching the boys play.

4 comments:

Abby said...

He looks so proud of his accomplishments! Got those lambs!

CaraBee said...

I love the smile on his face as he is standing in his crib. And you can't feel guilty about having Ryan help out. Yes, it's our full time job, but no one expects us to work 24 hours a day. Do they?

Anonymous said...

Love his little face in the crib picture!!! He is sensing "freedom"! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, It's Renee Eubanks (better known as the social worker for 5 years on MEY9). Saw your link on Leahs blogspot and how adorable! Christopher is so darn cute! Email me when you can eubankfam@hotmail.com