Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Christopher Counts

Christopher loves to count. He counts everything. His fingers, ceiling fan blades, the fruit on his tray, the steps he climbs; you name it, he's counting it. The other day I added 11 and 12, so he started adding these on as well. I like hearing his little voice come out so crystal clear.

Before bedtime we usually read him a book. His favorite lately is Eric Carle's Numbers, where he can count pieces of fruit. Its the book that started him counting earlier this summer, when he surprised us by saying 4 and 5 after my 1,2 and 3. Below is the video. He had been at it for awhile before I started filming so he gets flustered a bit, but you get the idea. (BTW, his newest favorite friend is Moose, a hand me down from Leif. "Moose" is what he keeps saying between counting)

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a counter!

It's funny to me to hear him talk so clearly and much - since we haven't seen him in so long! :(

I particualrly love the moosage. :) But then, I am partial to that species!

katienryan said...

Laura, I know what you mean cause I feel the same about Leif. I hate missing all the fun milestones. Only means we need to get together soon.