Friday, February 15, 2008

In the Words of Tom Petty, "The Waiting Is the Hardest Part"

Enjoying our completed nursery.

I baked a Valentine's message for Ryan.


The great crib-maker, Uncle Bruce.

All of Ryan's great-aunts gave us a "gift tree" filled with various gift cards for Baby. It was very generous.


February 12 came and went with no sign of Baby. My doctor states everything is moving in the right direction for me to start labor on my own. They will let me go over by one week before they take matters into their own hands. So if nothing happens this weekend, looks like it will be a sure thing by Wednesday or Thursday. Ryan said Baby is hiding inside to avoid the cold weather and maybe we should play some Jimmy Buffett and shine a flashlight on my abdomen to trick Baby into coming out!


Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise, Uncle Bruce delivered our crib! It is absolutely beautiful, better than I imagined it. He is so talented. What a special gift to give our baby; something made with love by a great-uncle. Last night Ryan and I had fun putting the sheets, skirt, bumper and mobile on the crib. Ryan decided on a whim to rearrange the furniture a little, and I really like the new way. We then sat in the nursery for a while just talking and looking at the crib and trying to imagine what this little baby is going to be like. So exciting!


We shall keep you all updated!

No comments: