Thursday, March 6, 2008

Photos Galore!

Trying to catch one of Christopher's many smiles is like waiting for a shooting star

This sweater was a gift from one of Ryan's clients.

Another smile caught a little too late.
The following photos are courtesy of Grandma Lola
Happy feet!


Grandma's new favorite subject.


Grandma taught him how to suck his hand.



"Enough already! This photo session has worn me out!"


On Tuesday, Grandma Lola spent the day with Christopher and me. She was in her glory, taking picture after picture of her new grandson. She placed him on the bed under a window in the office, where natural light poured over him. I think Christopher had fun in the beginning, but as we kept him awake all afternoon, I believe he had had enough! After the photo session, Lola spent the evening prepping the pics on Adobe so that I can use them for Christopher's birth announcements. They should be coming to you soon!

Monday was Ryan's last day of paternity leave. We took advantage of the beautiful weather. After dropping off our taxes, we headed to Honeygo Park. There, we strolled around and took in the fresh spring air. We saw a bald eagle soaring overhead. The playground was alive with many kids and moms, who were enjoying the warm day. It felt so good to get out, after being indoors for eight days. The little bit of exercise did my achy body wonders. I was very sad on Tuesday morning when Ryan returned to work. Our special week as a new family ended so abruptly. I enjoyed being together; loved learning together about our new little man.

I have been fortunate enough to have plenty of helping hands this week since Ryan's return to work. On Tuesday we had visits from Grandma Lola and Aunt Lisa, on Wednesday Laura C. came by and today Oma Sue stayed with us. Many hands make light work, and the help of friends and family proved this to be true. Because of the help received this week, I am well rested and just about fully recovered from delivery. I thank everyone!

Christopher is just amazing. He is still sleeping through the night, only waking two times for feedings. During the day he sleeps often, wakes to nurse, then has an alert period (my favorite time). When he sleeps, he dreams! He makes so many noises and funny faces. His breathing pattern changes from calm to the pattern of a freight train. He even laughs in his sleep. I am glad Ryan talked me into using his crib for night-time sleep. If he roomed in with us, I doubt we'd get a wink of sleep. He is nursing well, and he has chubby cheeks and a stack of dirty diapers to prove it! It is amazing how fast the day goes: it's nurse, burp, diaper change, sleep, entertain, then repeat cycle. When Ryan comes home, it is daddy time for the evening, as Ryan won't put Christopher down till bedtime.

Gotta go now, Christopher is letting me know it's time for him to eat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

katie, i can't get over how gorgeous Christopher is! it's crazy! he has your color :)

congrats guys. what a blessing :)

i want a picture! :)

love,
yvette