Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Weekend of Visitors

Christopher prepared for his long weekend by getting a little spa treatment by Mom and Dad.
As well as a baby manicure...
After the bath Christopher and Ryan spent some one-on-one time. Christopher couldn't stop staring at his Daddy.
Here is the proud Grandfather, he can't wait to start teasing him of course! Jonathan loved the baby, he held him a few times, and told me "I'm going to have a baby too". His Mama is due at the end of March.

So Sweet!

This sling is quickly one of Christopher's favorite things. No matter what mood he is in, as soon as he gets in this thing he is so content! He is too cute for words!


Christopher surprised Ryan and I with several smiles in a row during his sleep. Unfortunately the flash kinda washed the pics out. He also gave us a few belly laughs in his sleep yesterday. I had never heard this from a newborn before!
Christopher has been pretty popular since his arrival. This past weekend he had a visit from Grandparents Winterstein, Aunt Kristi, Matt, Kim, Noah, Jonathan, Karen, Steve, Grant, Uncle Jason, Aunt Laura, Cousin Leif, Aunt Amy and Great-Greatparents Winterstein. Phew, he was exhausted! It has been nice seeing everyone and showing him off. The first few nights home, Christopher only slept 30-90 minutes at at time, waking often to nurse. Last night, though, he slept 3 1/2 hours, woke to nurse, then slept another 3 1/2 hours. What a wonderful sleep we had!
On Friday, Christopher had his first doctor's appointment, and he his the picture of health. He has returned to his birth weight, his baby jaundice is practically gone, he is nursing like a champ and his umbilical cord and circumcision is healing wonderfully.

2 comments:

Leif Laif Life said...

I love the pictures of Christopher looking at Ryan, and Ryan at Christopher! So cute!

Cyndi said...

I have to agree with the last post, the pics of Ryan and Christopher are precious! I used my baby sling much later w/ Alicia and she loved it then, I only wished I had used it sooner, most babies I know are smug as bugs in there! Enjoy (as I see you are) every minute! Love the updates, keep em' coming! Cyndi