Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Three Months Christopher!

We left Christopher alone on the couch for just a couple minutes... ...and look what he got into!
The Euler and Klaben families after Brandon and Matthew's Baptism

Matchulats munchin'

Sarah holding Christopher, she did a great job!


Cyndi and her daughter Alicia. Alicia is getting so big, and she is really cute.

Punk rocker Jake, who was heading out to a concert. Too cute.

Matthew and Christopher, third cousins. I think?


Alicia loving on Christopher



Sarah giving her share of love.


Pheww, time flies! We made it through the notorious rough 3 months, with smiles still on our faces. For any of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Christopher, you may recall that he spends half his time in a fussy state of mind. Not enough fussiness for us to admit colic, but just enough to think something must be a little off. Last week, Ryan and I were quite frustrated, as Christopher's temperment was getting worse instead of improving as he approached 12 weeks. I had a hunch that he wasn't as chubby as he should be, and he seemed to have a difficult time handling the amount of breastmilk at each feeding. So I took him to a lactation consultation, where I learned he had lost weight in the last three weeks. I didn't panic though, because in so many ways I see a healthy baby boy. I gave it a few days, then decided today that I better take him to the doctor. All the symptoms I listed painted a clear picture for the pediatrician. It was what I had suspected: reflux. Yup, baby heartburn. Turns out that everytime Christopher tried to eat, he was having pain, so he'd cut the meal short. He then would fuss alot because of both hunger and pain. And as most of you know, because I talk about it incessantly, he naps horribly because laying flat exacerbates the problem. So it is baby Zantac to the rescue! Ryan picked up the prescription on his way home today and gave him his first dose. He also fed Christopher a bottle of breastmilk, which the doctor suggested for the next day or two, just until things smooth over. Well, I don't want to celebrate prematurely, but he was a different baby this evening! He was very pleasant and went to bed with a brief 4 minute cry. I hope success continues this week. We will return to the pediatrician to do a weight check at this week's end. Say a prayer that this is the answer!
Anyway, we had yet another baptism this weekend. We welcome Brandon and Matthew into God's family! It was great to see everyone on Sunday. Matthew is getting so big! Saturday was Amy's birthday, Happy Birthday Amy!
We are looking forward to next weekend, which we will have all to ourselves, a rarity since Chrisopher's arrival. Yay, family weekend!