Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Busy Weekend!

With the blessing of two large happy families, comes pre-filled weekend calendars. On Saturday we celebrated Aunt Cheryl's 60th birthday, Silsley style. That is, with as many kids a house can hold. Again, the day was filled with kids playing in every corner, and babies crawling or crying. I am beginning to think that rowdy family gatherings are not up Christopher's ally. The commotion is maybe too much for him, or maybe its the interruption of his routine. Either way, he tends to be moody in a large social situation. This bums me out, because I want everyone to see how much fun he can be. Oh well, hopefully his happy times will grow as his grouchiness ebbs.
Mother's Day was celebrated at our house. My first Mother's Day was great, Ryan made me a yummy breakfast, then we prepped for company. Christopher cooperated by taking two short naps. During each of Christopher's nursing sessions, I stowed away to his quiet room and savored every moment, reflecting on all the joys motherhood has brought me. It is true that motherhood can not be described fully until you experience it. I am even more grateful now for my terrific mom, for marrying a man with such a loving accepting mom and for the grandmothers who have truly added richness to my life.
Down Bayside...
Last Tuesday we spent in Bayside with my Mom.

Christopher loves being held by Grandma.

At Kevin and Sarah's house...

In Aunt Amy's arms.



This was supposed to be a picture of Leif giving Christopher a kiss, but I caught it too late.



Lat Tuesday was Kevin's birthday. Sarah took him out to dinner and had arranged for all of us to go to their house for a Surprise birthday cake celebration. He was surprised!



I can explain. When Kevin was little he loved Spiderman. He loved him so much he dressed up as Spidy for Halloween four years straight. Mom was cleaning out the attic and came across the costume. For fun, she included it in his birthday gift bag along with the Spiderman series on DVD.

Christopher hanging out with Uncle Jason and Aunt Lisa.

I know this is a terrible picture but it is the first time I noticed Christopher playing actively with the toys on his bouncy chair. He keeps it up for 20+ minutes. I am in awe at his development this week. Time for more toys.

Ryan still comes home to a fussy Christopher sometimes. Thank goodness he is good at comforting him.

Aunt Cheryl's Birthday Party...

These next pics are of Aunt Cheryl's Birthday party. This is Jennifer playing with her Grandpa.

Kim and Zachary
Aunt Donna playing with Grant.


Nothing like being sung "Happy Birthday" to by a room full of kiddies!

The youngest of Jeff and Lisa's kids, this is Jessica. Isn't she beautiful?



Big Boy Christopher!
Playing with his grandparents.
Mother's Day...








This picture is for Matt. Go Longhorns! Christopher's new hand positioning for sucking looks like he's rooting for the Texas Longhorns.
Smiling at Oma W.

Being entertained by Aunt Lisa.


Chilling with Aunt Kristi.

Lisa has the magic touch with Christopher.


This is Christopher's new toy from Lulu. He is really into it. It is a frog with lots of different textures and crinkle sounds. I am amazed at how fast his dexterity is developing.



Wow, what a handsome husband and adorable baby, it is truly a happy Mother's Day!

No comments: