Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthdays to Playdates

Happy Birthday Lulu and Papa!

On Sunday we celebrated Ryan's parents' birthdays (they are 4 days apart). Lets back-up, Saturday we went to Crazy Court in Pa. to celebrate their birthdays the Crazy Cousin way. That is, with cake, bonfire, lots of kids and plenty of wine. Lets just say between Kim and I,we put a hurtin' on Billy-Bob's wine stock. The babies slept well that night, after their night cap of spiked breast milk.
"Soooooo Big!"

"You talkin' ta me?"



Happy Birthday! I think they are officially senior citizens? I could be wrong. He he.

Every morning, Christopher and I say "hi" to our backyard bunny friend. He is always back there and sometimes with his momma.

Helping with the laundry at Aunt Amy's. Notice Amy's pregnant tummy invading the picture.


The "after" shot of Sophia's room. Wednesday all the ladies, except Sarah (she had to work) went to Amy and Marnell's house to ready the Baby's room for her impending arrival. It turned out lovely, and organized to boot.


Christopher had his second play date. My good friend Stacey and her son Ryan came over for a visit Thursday. The boys enjoyed each other, mostly grabbing and gumming at each other.

So much fun! Ryan is seven months, Christopher will be five months next week. Imagine the trouble these two will get into as they get older.


Drivin' the bus. "Move on back!"

Without warning, Christopher turns and starts sucking on Ryan's toes. Hilarious!


Then Ryan returns the favor.



I don't know how it happened so soon. Already, we are playing good cop/bad cop at our house. While at home with me, CRW can be pretty grouchy at times, and when he isn't he sometimes acts disinterested in our activities together. Then, at the end of the day, in walks Ryan, home from the office. Christopher jacks his head around to locate Daddy's voice. When he sets eyes on him, his face lights up as if to say "My hero!". Ryan then scoops him up, lays him on our bed and proceeds to entertain the little guy. The once sullen baby boy now lights up with smiles. His laughter rolls out with every antic Ryan can come up with. I can't even tell Ryan about our day, because he is so involved with Christopher. I stop talking mid-sentence, unnoticed. It's male-bonding and I am left out. It only gets worse, or better depending on how you look at it. For bedtime, Ryan continues to be in charge. He changes Christopher into his sleeper, dims the lights and rocks Christopher into a sleepy calm. (Something I could never do with him) While he is drowsy but still awake, Ryan gently lays him in the crib. Christopher smiles, sighs then drifts into blissful sleep. Why is this so awful? Because this is after I had repeatedly put Christopher down for naps earlier the same day, with plenty of crying objections. I guess it isn't so awful, just tough when I try so hard and Ryan waltzes in and makes everything look so easy. Seriously though, I am thrilled to see how well the two get along. And I love how Ryan pleasantly takes over for me after a long day. I'm just sayin'...

On a VERY happy note, I am pleased to announce that Kevin and Sarah are expecting! We are so happy for the both of you. The McClain Clan keeps on growing!

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

Love the picture of the Christopher-Ryan lovefest. Too cute!

CaraBee said...

BTW - I tagged you!