Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Busy Elf

That would be me. I have been readying our home for the Christmas season, and doing so with much gusto because, of course, this is Christopher's first Christmas! The tree is up, the lights are on, and there are three stockings hung on the mantle. I already have one batch of cookies done (Alaska Molasses Cookies, my favorite). Each morning I put the carols on all day until we turn in for the night. Meanwhile, Christopher is interested in everything I do. But he is able to entertain himself too. And by the way, he is walking. I don't know when I can officially say he is walking, as he takes several steps, falls down, gets up and repeats the process over again. He has taken as many as twelve steps so far for a total of about four feet. It is so much fun to watch. He does best when there is something in his hands; something he's interested in which seems to distract him from the task at hand. When he is on a roll with walking, halfway through the jaunt, he stops to applaud himself. He is so proud of himself. It is comical. He applauds himself often if he thinks he is doing a fine job at something, whether its walking, eating or playing with a toy. He is also now able to climb the first step of our staircase. And what a smart little guy he is! Tonight while I was reciting "Mr Brown Can Moo", he smiles at me then quickly crawls across the room where toys and books are scattered on the floor. Out of the pile he picks up the book I was reciting, stands and starts walking back to me with it in hand. Wow, this floored me. Other CRW news, he's sleeping through the night now. Thursday it will be two weeks. There have been a few night wakings, but I stay in bed and he puts himself back to sleep. We have a really nice day and night routine. Christopher is so predictable and this makes life so easy. And I can't help but notice I'm not as tired as I used to be!
Matthew and Christopher playing together. Matt is Christopher's third cousin.
Matthew loves the camera. He smiled every time it was around.
Christopher's first snow! "Hurry Mom, I'm freezing here!"

Grandma Mil and our little Turkey on Turkey Day.

Granddad and sweet Sophia.

McClain Women preparing the big meal on Thanksgiving. Kevin and Sarah hosted Thanksgiving this year. Sarah did an awesome job. Everything was delicious.

Uncle Marcos and Aunt Lisa do "so big!" with Christopher after Thanksgiving dinner.
Christopher at play, he is very good at playing alone. Over the weekend he and I visited Papa and Lulu, (Ryan's parents) while Ryan was on his annual post Thanksgiving hunt. We had a nice visit.

Here is CRW in action. The first video he is doing his "so big" and applause routine which was requested by Aunt Laura. The second is dinner time antics. Ryan is teaching Christopher some funny tricks, he's like his little protege. In the third video Ryan is training Christopher early on the duck calls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holidays w/babies & toddlers are the absolute BEST!!!!!!! Great pics. Sophia has grown leaps and bounds just since the get together at your parents house! Christopher is adorable.....McClains turn out beautious babies!!!!!

Leah said...

oh my god, Katie... those videos are the CUTEST thing I've ever seen. Especially the one at the dinner table! How adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???