Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sarah's Baby Shower

Ryan and I hosted a shower on Saturday for Sarah. It turned out lovely, with a nice group gathering. I could not have done it if weren't for Grandma Ru's help. She watched Christopher many times this week as I prepared for the party, as well as helped me in the kitchen We all had a great time.





Some of the baby loot pictured before the shower began.



Here, Sarah is rounding the corner to meet her "surprise". She was very surprised. She asked "what's the surprise for?" I kinda felt sorry for her. We got her good!





Uncle Bob's wife, Maddie sent beautiful crocheted gifts; a blanket and a sweater set.





Some of the party: Sarah, Grandma Ru, Mom, Grandma Cookie (Diane) and Grandma Mil.



Kristi and Sophia intently watch the opening of the gifts. Sophia thinks "Oh yeah Aunt Sarah, you're gonna need that".








Yet another beautiful quilt made by Aunt Ginny. Do they just get more gorgeous with each baby shower?


Four generations!



Christopher: "Uh, this used to be mine, I was wondering where it went. I guess Sophia can use it". You should hear Sophia squeal and laugh when she plays in this bouncy seat. It's hilarious, I wish I had it on video.


Rather than get the over rated sheet cake for the shower, I made an Amaretto Cake with Meringue frosting. It turned out pretty; and pretty tasty!




As shower favors, Lola and I made Amaretti Cookies from scratch. They were yummy and very chewy!



Four generations of Schmale women. I tried to sit in this picture and Grandma Ru set me straight saying "You're not in this picture!" in her Grandma Ru style.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,