Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why I Love My Husband

Ryan works so hard. I am grateful that he goes to work everyday and provides for us such a wonderful life. Then often when he is home he is still hard at work. Last weekend he and his dad cut down our beloved Maple tree. It had died last spring and we finally decided to say goodbye and take her down. Watching Ryan quickly and efficiently bring this tree down safely impressed me. I was nervous and didn't know where he should begin. But the two of them didn't hesitate and in a matter of 2 hours it was all firewood. As I watched him way up in the branches I thought "Is there anything he can't do?". He has impressed me with his handy work repeatedly while remodeling our home. I am pleasantly surprised when he takes on a daunting task, researching and planning so that it comes out nicely in the end. The kitchen, the basement, the tile work, the siding. I was amazed with each new skill he learned. Now he cuts down a pretty darn big tree without leaving a scratch on that siding. Wow, how did I get so lucky? And to top it all off, he is the best Dad ever to our little boy. When he walks through the door after a long stressful day, "Christopher" is the first word on his lips. He doesn't leave the boy's side until he himself lays him to bed at night. He is one talented, tough and tender man.
Look out Paul Bunyan! Ryan bravely uses a chainsaw to remove some high branches.

Papa and Christopher watch as Daddy cuts up the fallen tree.



Christopher stands on the stump, wondering what happened to his tree.


Before bedtime I peek in on the boys to find Ryan reading to Christopher. Ryan reads so many books to him. Evenings are filled with lots of Daddy time.




I know it is not in focus, but I wanted to show off Ryan's birthday present to Christopher. This bird feeder sees a lot of action. Christopher loves it. When birds land on it, he stops playing, looks up at them, looks at me and smiles. Sometimes he says "teet teet". I think its great that Ryan is instilling Christopher with an interest in the outdoors. And to think Ryan once bird watched out of these same windows 30 years ago... amazing.

1 comment:

CaraBee said...

I'd say you've got a keeper in that husband of yours! Can he come by and have a talk with Neil about doing projects around the house?

We need to get together! Lunch/play this week?