Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Christopher!

I can't believe our boy is ONE! What a great year it has been. I love this kid more each day. And each day he amazes me more than the day before! Friday he woke up a chatter box. He now has well over 30 words. Last weeks words were "car" pronounced Boston style, "hot", "pee-pee", and "pot". As you can guess he is interested in the potty thing again. He definitely knows what the potty is for and can often tell us when he is going. This morning he told Ryan "pee pee" so Ryan put him on the potty chair and he went! Amazing! Anyway, backing up to his Big Day, we had a blast for his birthday. His actual birthday was spent with my family in Bayside baking cakes with cousins. That night at 5:17 pm, Ryan, Christopher and I celebrated together over CRW's life beginning one year prior. We had a small dinner and a little cake. I gave him building blocks and Ryan bought him a window bird feeder. (Christopher has a new fascination with birds). Saturday we threw a great Snoopy Birthday Bash and it was awesome. I kept it kid friendly, as I feel all little kid birthdays should be. There was great company, yummy food, fun games and happy kids everywhere. I really enjoyed it. I think Christopher had fun too.

Giving his beloved Snoopy a kiss.

Looks like Christopher performs better without an audience.

Proficient at the Bean Bag Toss.

Too bad Sophia had to blink, I really like this pic. Dad in all his grandparent glory.

Joe Cool!

Christopher loved this water bottle that Matt, Kim and the boys got him. It had a spring lid and every time Kim popped it open, Christopher would giggle giggle giggle.

"I want SNOOPY!"
"Oh and there's cake too?"

"Gee, this birthday stuff isn't half bad."


"I am ONE!"

Ryan: "Can Daddy have some Christopher?"
CRW: "Ha! Not a chance!"
CRW: "But Mommy can have some. I'm no dummy- after all, she is the "Momma""
Kaylin enjoys her ice cream cone.
Matt is practicing for his big day coming up in a few weeks.
Now its time for games, first lets try and get Snoopy's collar on.
Christopher had to try this himself. He was pretty good too.

Here are all the kiddies. I think only the Sophie(a)s are missing.

The crowd cheers Kaylin on... "higher, no to the right..."

Emily tries to pin a nose on ole Snoopy.

" We weren't this happy this time last year, were we Christopher?"

Mommy and son... so happy!

Snoopy buddies. I was so tickled to see Jonathan with his Snoopy shirt on.

Ready to party... Joe Cool style!


Goodie bags for the kiddies.



Yummmm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe it's been a year already??!!

Anonymous said...

The adults had just as much fun as the children! The kids were thoroughly enjoying themselves and just a joy to be with. Lulu

kes770 said...

Wow Kate, a year has passed already....Happy Birthday to Christopher. Health and happiness to you all.