Thursday, August 6, 2009

Katie, Decaffeinated.

I have a confession to make. I love coffee. I really really love coffee. As my good friend and work buddy, Stacey puts it "coffee just makes everything better". I think Ben Franklin had it wrong, coffee is proof God wants us to be happy. But the strangest thing happens when I become pregnant. I can't stand the thought of the stuff. I mean I could use this instant repulsion as a very accurate pregnancy test. Before I even invest in First Response, I pretty much know what the result will be. I guess this is Mother Nature's way of protecting my babe. It's strange though, I find myself missing it. Morning playtime with Christopher feels like I have an amputation, without my stainless steel coffee cup in hand. And then there is the fatigue. I can only blame it on the pregnancy for so long. But I am a good girl, I pretty much steer clear of the stuff altogether. What makes me sad, and part of the reason I am writing this post, is the realization that the perky bubbly Katie is just a facade. Could it be that all this time it was the coffee talking? ....Come on January 27th, I want the old Katie back!

2 comments:

Sarah and Kevin McClain said...

It's not the coffee, Katie. It IS just wonderful you!

Leah said...

lol... you crack me up! I'm the same way with Diet Coke, so don't feel bad! You're and bubbly all the time, even if you're crabby!