Thursday, August 6, 2009

Messy Summer Days.

Joe Cool outside finger painting.

Showing me, "suck it in" which is followed by "push it out".




The entire time he was saying "mess" to himself.



Speaking of messes, we have been letting Christopher feed himself more often these days. He likes it, we tolerate it.

Christopher plays with the frog Ryan had to relocate during the pond renovation. That afternoon, after I put him down for a nap, I heard him chatting: "pond, frog".
Have I told you what a wonderful husband Ryan is? I want a new kitchen, he says "no". Three months later we have a new kitchen. I want to update the basement, he says "no". Six months later we have a beautiful downstairs. I say I want the pond redone, he says "no". See above picture. I say I want another baby soon, he says "maybe"...


Funny thing is, there is a picture just like this dated probably 12 years earlier when Ryan first put the pond in.


Saturday we had a nice summer dinner, complete with squash and corn from Winterstein farms. Christopher could not eat enough. He kept saying "squash", as he eagerly ate it all up.

Ok, I need your help on this one. Christopher is in a new stage of "sorting". Everything gets removed from its place, laid out neatly on the floor, then put back in place. Then repeat entire procedure for the next 45 to an hour. He gets mildly upset if you try to interrupt him. He'll do it with puzzles, stack toys, stuffed animals and the other morning we entered his room to find every single toy off of his toy shelf and neatly place on the floor. Yesterday I rounded the corner in the kitchen to find him cleaning out our pantry. Is this normal? I find it funny and a little disturbing all at the same time.

Busted!

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

Can you send him over to my house? My cabinets could definitely use some cleaning out.

Abby said...

I remember getting in serious trouble when I opened up every single drawer, door, and cabinet in my kitchen when I was little. I donno what the big deal was, i liked closing them all up when I was done. It was fun! LOL!

And yes, feel free to send him up here too. I was just eyeing up lots of crumbs in my lazy susan from the toaster.

Leah said...

We have a friend whose kid did the same thing (although he was around age 2)... he would take things out, and put them back in a certain way. I'm sure its just a phase!