Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coming Home

Aunt Cheryl said Christopher looks like a porcelain doll

Cousins from Crazy Court came carrying gifts for Christopher.


Proud Papa
Grandma Lola's first diaper duty.
Happy family
Putting on his "going-home" outfit


Ready for his car ride home.

Home Sweet Home


Gran's first great-grandchild

Christopher slept through a visit from Grandma Mil and Oma Sue


Our gift from God

Proud Aunt Kristi


We brought Christopher Ryan home Wednesday around noon. I think he really likes his home, especially the nursery. He admired the crib that was made just for him. Immediately after arriving home, I nursed him and Ryan placed him in his crib, where he slept for three hours, letting Mommy and Daddy settle in. Ryan has taken over everything for me. My only job is to take care of myself and nurse Christopher. Fatherhood comes very easy to Ryan, and he is so good at it. His insight surprises me, and many of his parenting ideas work. The first night home was a cluster-feeding frenzy, I pretty much spent it in Christopher's room nursing him. I can't say I mind, for when I look at his sweet face, time stands still. Breastfeeding is going extremely well, despite some bumps in the road on the first two days. Tomorrow is Christopher's first doctor's appointment and I can't wait to show off his progress. This is absolutely the best time of our lives and I am savoring every second, as I have been told it flies by.

No comments: