Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cuteness

In response to a huge demand for Christopher bloggage, *ahem, Aunt Laura* here is a list of cute CRW moments.

- The boy will say anything. Yesterday he noticed a piece of sunlight on the dining room floor. He tried to pick it up. I told him "that's sunshine". This answer seemed to suffice him, as he walked away saying "shu-shi".

- Unfortunately, he has taken up whining as a sport. I tell him "no whining, have patience". So you will often here him saying "pay-pay" while waiting for food, a toy, etc. Yesterday I was trying to get him to say the entire word, emphasizing patience (pa-shence). He walked away saying "pa-pa shhh, pa-pa shhh". At least he tried!

-We have been spending a lot of time with Sophia lately, and Christopher plays very well with her, and her with him! If any of you have experienced "Sophia love", you know it isn't always tender. She tends to love you with a death grip and pinchy fingers. Well two weeks ago she was using Christopher for balance as she stood up. Christopher, feeling her tiny but strong hands sink into his tender flesh, instructed "gentle, gentle".

-Learning to share comes with the territory when hanging out with cousins. Each time Sophia had one of Christopher's toys, he'd watch her and say "sho, sho" (share). Then out of no where, his most requested book became an old Muppet book; "I Can Share". He made me read it to him 3 times in a row this morning. I haven't seen him take things from Sophia yet. Yet.

-Ryan and I believe that routine and silly rituals make a happy toddler. For example, each night Ryan puts on CRW's PJ's, then he warms his milk (with Christopher's help), when the milk is finished we set him down and he RUNS to the bathroom yelling "TEETH!" Daddy brushes his pearly whites, then carries him to his room. Just outside his bedroom door, I wait. (I never go in for bedtime, this is saved just for Daddy.) I wait for my goodnight kiss and hug, which is very dramatic. But tonight I had to work. Later, Ryan tells me Christopher kept asking "Momma, Momma?" after brushing his teeth. He noticed I wasn't standing in my spot. Sniff sniff.

-He has memorized several of his favorite books, mainly the Saundra Boynton collection.
From Pajama Time!:
Mommy: some are red and some are...
CRW: BOO!
Mommy: some are pink and some are...
CRW: GEEN!

From Moo, Baa, La, La, La:
Mommy: a cow says...
CRW: moo
Mommy: a sheep says...
CRW: baa
Mommy: Three singing pigs say...
CRW: RA, RA, RA!

-Christopher has watched the "Petting Farm" DVD 326 1/2 times. From it he has learned about different animals, their baby names and what they eat. Now whenever he sees a rabbit in our yard he repeats to himself "hop, hop, hop". Or as we drive past the horse farm outside my parents neighborhood I can hear him in the backseat clucking his tongue "clip, clop, clip clop".

- And then there's the Cuckoo Clock. Like many children that are lucky enough to know one, Christopher is obsessed with Grandma Mil's cuckoo clock. Every time we visit, he requests adamantly "coo-coo, COO-COO!". So we make many trips to Grandma's sitting room to see the little cuckoo bird. Last Sunday, during Madeline's baptism, Christopher's gaze rested upon Grandma Mil sitting across the church. Ever so quietly I hear Christopher whisper to himself as he stares unfaltering into her eyes "coo-coo". He is obsessed.

I hope you enjoyed these little stories. You know how people say "you should write this stuff down" in reference to kiddie stories? Well consider this a start. Sorry for the lack of pics, I don't have access to them now, but keep checking, as I hope to have some up real soon!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you!! Can't wait for pics! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww....love these!!!

Leah said...

Love the stories! Especially the one with CRW telling Sophia to be gentle! lol. By the way, Sandra Boynton books are the BE-E-EST. Danny and I heart them too!

Abby said...

Love hearing CRW stories....keep em coming!