Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Start Spreadin' The News...."

I *heart* NY. I always kinda rolled my eyes when people would say "Oh I love New York!". It always seemed sorta cliche-ish to me. Maybe secretly I was just jealous. Its hard to believe but growing up south of B-more, only hours away from the Big Apple, I had never gone. Ever. Pathetic. Well the streak ended. On April 18, Lola and Kristi treated me to a New York day trip and a Broadway showing of "The Lion King". It was a fantastic trip to celebrate my 30th birthday. I can honestly say there could not have been a better way to say "Happy 30th!". Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't wait to go again, we had a blast!

Times Square.


We even saw the famous "Naked Cowboy". Look at that smile on Lola's face.
I hope Bill isn't looking...



Just before the play. "The Lion King" was SPECTACULAR!


In front of the infamous "Friends" fountain.



Me, being cheesy in Central Park.

Taking a break from our ride through Central Park.


I couldn't help but think of "Muppets Take Manhattan" as we rode through the Park...

... I could have sworn I saw Miss Piggy on roller skates!

3 comments:

Abby said...

That looks like SO much fun! I love the picture of Aunt Lola with the Naked Cowboy haha!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it awesome! Ali & I went in Dec. 07 and I have to say it's one of the ABSOLUTE BEST MEMORIES I have thusfar with her. We had a blast!!! Shopped, strolled, etc. I, like you, had never been (you beat me getting there at 30 :)) and neither had she so for us we were like 2 kids set loose in a candy store! We often talk about how much fun we had & how much we want to go back!! :) Glad you loved it and hope your memories there make you smile as much as mine do me! :)

CaraBee said...

I love NYC! I use to go up all the time. I've been trying to plan a trip up there forever, just tougher to get away these days. Neil is just like you - grew up in Baltimore and has never been to New York. Crazy! Glad you had such a good time!